It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Saturday, January 12, 2008

attracting faeries to your home

F. Baumgarten

Be Warned! Once they are invited in, they may never leave
1. Spend time in nature.
2. Meditate while sitting under trees, around lakes, etc.
3. Have plants and flowers inside your house or apartment.
4. Be cognizant of the abuses of nature and do your part to clean it up and reverence it.
5. Involve yourself in some creative activity on a regular basis. You don't have to be expert in it, but enjoyment of any creative activity will draw those of the faerie realm.
6. Leave an area in your yard to grow wild so that the faeries can play freely.
7. Be generous in your dealings with others.
8. Keep the child in you alive.
9. Place an echinite (fossil sea urchin) on your mantelpiece. They were called faerie loaves, made by the faeries. Those who had them would never want for food and always had faerie assistance.

10. Sing often. Nature spirits gather wherever there is song and music.
11. Keep your house relatively clean. Unless you are trying to attract a brownie, most faeries shy away from mess.
12. Once you have a faerie in your home, never leave it monetary gifts. A thimble of milk and a little bread with honey will do just fine.


~ (Lady of the Earth)

16 comments:

Moonroot said...

"Most faeries shy away from mess" - so that's where I'm going wrong! :-)
I'll try to be tidier...

Moonroot said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gill said...

Ooooh dear! That explains why I haven't felt the faeries here in awhile.
I will get tidying soon.
(It is clean, just untidy.)
I love the backdrop for this blog...I adore the red mushrooms!!!
Where can you get an echinite? I would love to have one. What do you suggest????
xo
Gillian

kathyann said...

I promise that to the best of my ability I will abide by the faerie code and welcome faeries into my home!Please enter me into the draw,Thank you,loving hugs from Kathyann(I can't find my faerie name)

Patty said...

My house must be full of brownies cause it is NOT clean lol.
I hope I win the thimble!

Patty said...

My house must be full of brownies cause it is NOT clean lol.
I hope I win the thimble!

Tinker said...

I must be trying to attract brownies then - a whole troop of them, I think, lol.
What a gorgeous faery land it is here, Miss Robyn - thank you so very much for kindly inviting me in~XOXO

Leanne said...

I am certain the fairies visit me, through their little faerie-door! and they visit Pixie, my cat too!

Lilac Silvery Frost- (friend to faeries!) x

Ruth said...

We have a brownie who comes to stay in our house from time to time. His name is Fettibred and he tends to tinker around with the boiler and hang around behind the sofa in the living room, and in the upstairs bathroom. He is here at the moment - probably he's come in from the wood to get warm, becasue its cold and damp outside. He loves crystals and I'm sure he would adore the fairy thimble, so please enter me for this one on his behalf!

amelia said...

I think we have all kinds of faeries in this house, some imps as well!!!!

Ruth said...

Oh dear - no sooner had I told you about Fettibred and his passion for boilers, than my friend Peggy rang to tell me their boiler has packed up...
have a read on my blog for the full story of Fettibred's appearance in our house!

Tracy said...

A wonderful list! I need to tidy up so the mischievous brownie leaves. Here I thought it was the kids making the mess! :D

gma said...

How precious to invite the fairies inside and lovely ways to make them feel welcome.
:-)

zuzu said...

=^..^=
Oh goodness!
No wonder I have faeries everywhere ... They must love the messy little wild garden meadow! And they play in the bird baths! I know they do! Yes they do!

Must work on number nine ...
Where might one find such a wonderus thing as a echinite?

As for attracting brownies ... I seem to notice them on occasion too. My kitty, Uncle Bert feels the need to invite in everyone for a meal and a nap by the fire. Brownies too I expect.

He is a darling that way & blind to differences. To him, all beings are equal.

Anonymous said...

I will ave to start cleaning the house. Everyone is back to school and I could sure use some fairy companions !!!!
Have a great day !!!

Naturegirl said...

I do have all that's necessary for the fairies to live inside my home!!
Oh that thimble would be grand!! I know which fairy would LoVe to wear as her crown!! Star Carrina Alexandria!!
I am so sorry that I am so slow but this broken wing is slowing me down from flying over regularly.. :(