It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Believe in the Fairies


Believe in the Fairies
Who make dreams come true.
Believe in the wonder,
The stars and the moon.
Believe in the magic,
From Fairies above.
They dance on the flowers,
And sing songs of love.
And if you just believe,
And always stay true,
The Fairies will be there,
To watch over you!

Author Unknown

7 comments:

zuzu said...

dreams
magic
stars, the moon ...

i believe =^..^=

Sheila said...

I'm really enjoying these Faery quotes and poems Robyn, where do you find themm..?
The pictures are so sweet too..!

gma said...

I believe!!!!

Fire Byrd said...

Coming here is such a treat for the senses. Lovely words and things to do, but more than anything I love the artwork. This is the most beautiful place to come and play for a while....just love it.
pxx

Sorrow said...

I love the little fairy quote..it's sweet,gonna copy if thats okay...

Naturegirl said...

I do belive in the wonder of magical fairies that dance on flowers singing
and watch over me and you!

amelia said...

I love these words you have here, they are so pretty. Do you have a book or are they your creation?