It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

calling the luck of the faery folk & matters of faery business..

This incantation can be done anytime during the summer, when the fireflies are
out. You must find a VERY quite and private place to do the incantation. Start with your arms out and walk in an open area that fireflies are in. Stop in the same position and call upon the great mother with the following chant:

Fireflies come dance with me
Fireflies come be with me
Oh Great Mother be with us tonight
With (your name) and the Fairy Folk
Fireflies show your true self
Do not fear me for I am (your name)
Your friend, Your Sister
Invite me into your world to dance

(Dance a joyous dance from your heart)
(Allow yourself to be free and at peace)

Continue Chant:

Fireflies, Fairy Folk, Oh Great Mother
Come dance with me, Be with me
Fairy Folk show your true self to me
I will protect you tonight as we dance

Dance the dance of the Fairy Folk

*repeat the above five lines, and dance the dance of the Fairy Folk until you
feel and see that the Fairy Folk are with you...Play with them as you like, when
you are done do the following:

Begin Chant to End the Dance

Fairy Folk, Fire Flies, Oh Great Mother
Fairy Folk, I (your name) leave you now
Go back to hide from where you came
Be not sad, or cry or weep
For I (your name) will return
To dance the Dance of the Fairy Folk
Peace be with you. Blessed Be.
(Lady of the Earth)

6 comments:

Fire Byrd said...

It has been a joy to come and play here, I have loved it.
Thank you so much for all your hard work in creating something so lovely.
pxx

Bimbimbie said...

Three cheers to you dear Misty-Dawn Silvery Spice for all the fun and wonderment you have magickally created for our eyes *!*

I for one will be ticking off my calendar days to the 1st June Smiles to everyone xxx

hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray, hip hip hooray

Sorrow said...

Thank you so much for this fun and fascinating playground! Your hard work has been so appreciated! looking forward to June with a smile in my heart!

Anonymous said...

I have enjoyed reading this blog. I will miss it when it closes. This one I especially love since I have a thing for fireflies. Love Hugs and Blessings

Ruth said...

I would love to see fireflies - we don't have them. Thank you Misty Dawn Silvery Spice for all your hard work doing this blog - it's been a lot of fun. Fettibred has enjoyed it too!

Julie said...

You already know I received the details and the name.

Remember, when it's Jan. 31 over there it's still only Jan. 30 here and in England so please don't shut it down a day early for us!

Julie