It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Monday, January 14, 2008

*faery tree*

Some say that faery folk live inside trees. But not every tree is suitable for faeries, they do have their favourites. Look in woods or parks for a tree that is weirdly shaped. Old twisted oaks or knobbly hawthorns are ideal faery trees. Find one that is crooked with strangely curled branches. Often these stand alone in some mysterious corner of a dark and lonely wood. If there is a stream nearby, all the better. You may see a gnome like face on the gnarled trunk. Or a claw like branch hanging down as if about to snatch you. This will be the faery tree.


Having found the faery tree you must now stand quietly and think of the joy that the tree has brought to this world of ours. Look up at its wonderful branches, admire their shape. These are like no other branches on Earth, this is a very special tree. Hold love for this tree in your heart and talk gently to it. Tell this faery tree that you are a friend. Accept that this tree is a gift from God to the world. Be as one with the tree. Be at peace.

On your first visit to the faery tree just stay a short while and before you leave say these few words of poetry. Speak them aloud talking directly to the tree and the faery folk will hear them.

I come with love and hope in my heart
To you fairy folk I speak
I will not disturb or cause you pain
I promise to respect your private domain
And ask no more than you would give
Please can I be your friend.

Say this with meaning. If you don't mean it then do not say it. Faery folk hate liars, so always tell them the truth. If you don't believe in faeries, then forget it. One thing is for sure, they won't believe in you. However, even if you really do believe, sometimes the faery folk just will not let you see them. Don't be too disappointed if this happens. Just keep talking to them with love and hope in your heart. They'll be listening, honest!


(psychic world)


15 comments:

Kim Campbell said...

We really don't have any trees for me to do this :(

Sorrow said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the fairy tree! old burls and knots cal to me! Have a gnome that lives in a hollow out back, will have to sing hime some of your magick!
Wonderful!

Lila Rostenberg said...

I'm inspired to keep my eyes open and to look more closely at the trees now! (I remember when Ninnie posted a photo of a fairy door into the root of a tree..amazing!)

Anonymous said...

Love this post. Will have to check all of my trees carefully.

Anonymous said...

That tree is so beautiful !!!! We only have buge poplar trees nearby where I live, but their trunks are also very beautiful. I love trees !!!!

gma said...

Yes...I know of special trees like this....and have sat with them and felt the love.
:-)

amelia said...

Love this post...

zuzu said...

=^..^=
Aren't they wonderful?
In the closeup ... is this one your faery tree?

Mine actually sits right next to the back North corner of my cottage! It is an ancient apple tree with lovely burls all over it. As you pointed out most Faerie Trees are fond of water close to them. It grows near water (It's the electro magnetic energy that causes the knots of burls) ... But the water is underground.

When I bought the cottage a city water main broke causing horid troubles with water everywhere and washing out the soil under the house! When the the men came to repair it told me the tree must be taken if the roots were the problem. That my cottage would be damaged if anymore soil washed away.

So I made them dig carefully and LOOK first at the roots to be sure they were the cause. I kid you not ... The men were out there all gathered around the hole and talking about what they found. Seems, the trees roots had grown with several inches clearance AROUND and then continued PAST the water main ... Never touching it. One of the men stood there with shovel in hand and remarked: "It's as if someone dirrected the tree to do that!"

You see ... It wasn't just that they had gone around the water line as if not to cause damage, but ...

The roots had gone around the main then grown to the corner of the cottage and were supporting the corner in place! The men told me without them EXACTLY as they had grown, my cottage would have shifted with serious structural damage. My entire house would have shifted and esentially, fallen into a hole in that place.

The Faerie tree was holding up the cottage until we found the problem and could pour a support under!

Of course I knew the truth of why.
The faeries were returning kindness.
At least that's what I believe.

My tree has a little hole in the knot of the trunk where it splits. It is perfect to tuck good things inside of ... Offerings I guess. Things to share with the fae and the wee creatures they allow in the tree. I have since the day I bought the cottage, placed things inside.

Whatever I place there, it always is taken. Buttons, babbles, notes or food. The only thing ever to remain, and still does is a big piece of cow jawbone for the squirrels to chew. I guess the faeires understand they need it there.

So yes. I believe!
(maybe I shall post on my blog about my tree ... with pictures!)

=^..^= love, diamond heart-daisy
. . . & the princess cinnamon

Naturegirl said...

My heart be still! I do have such a tree but Misty Dawn Silvery Spice it is a cherry tree! Yes one that bears fruit and after the beautiful blossoms change into a beautiful full red sumpcious berry I think the fairies have nibbles as we always see wee bites and eventually the cherries disappear before I have a chance to eat them!
I think they have chosen this as their tree because I have not a hawthorne or oak.I shall say my special prayer ...but I cannot as my wing is really torn badly and in a cast...perhaps I can look at my tree from the window and chant!!
hugs Star Carrina Alexandria

Naturegirl said...

Oh ZuZu has just explained why my cherry tree has these knots!!
It grows beside a storm drian put in by the city a catch basin for watering running off everyones property!! ~~Electro magenetic energy!~~~ now I learned the secret!!

zuzu said...

=^..^= Oh sweet Misty-Dawn ...

In my excitement to share with you my faerie tree ... I forgot to say I would indeed adore magick twigs from your forest of wonder.

I too have a penchant for picking these up on walks and taking my gatherings inside to place in a vase or jar like you would a bouquet of flowers. I find them just as lovely, don't you?

Not sure about the laws of travel to the US though ... Might the powers of be allow such treasure to jump the ponds of our distance?

=^..^= xx

Tracy said...

I live along a creek and am anxious to find my own faery tree!

Leanne said...

what a lovely post! I spend hours walking in the woods, i adore the company of trees and often look for faces in them (ive posted about these on my blog too) The fae are there, but they keep to themselves, not trusting many humans- understandably.

Lilac Silvery Frost.
X

Fire Byrd said...

when I was a little girl we had a faery tree at the bottom of the garden, it was a knarled old Ash tree, and I used to spend hours under it looking for the faeries.

love and hugs
pxx

Julie said...

Thanks for the link to the tree post. How on earth did I miss it when you first published it in Sept.?

That tree has one of the strongest spirits I have ever seen in a tree.

The huge elm in my back yard has a strong spirit too.

Julie