It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Friday, January 11, 2008

A Spell to Call a Faery

( Gilbert Williams)

Chant this while in the woods, a forest or other secluded place:

Faery Folk, Faery Folk, Faeries & the Fee
Give me the sight so that I may see
I come with a light heart feeling happy & gay
please show yourself to me on this day

9 comments:

Naturegirl said...

Hello Robyn I show myself as I chant and I am feeling a bit better after having the lucious fairy bread!
Star Carrina Alexandria

Leanne said...

just popping by to say hello! :-)

Lilac Silvery Frost. x

Julie said...

Luv that painting.

Opal

Lila Rostenberg said...

Diamond Honey Nameen loves the blues in that painting too!
Glad you are back from the seaside!

kathyann said...

What a lovely party,I'm feeling happier already!Beautiful faeries to share it with!

Ruth said...

I'm going to try this next time I walk at Crummock. I have smelled faeries there often - a spicy, woody mysterious smell that is gone as soon as you catch a faint whiff of it.

laoi gaul~williams said...

I shall try this when I go up the lane to Dorset Gap...a wild place (far too wild and windy to visit today!)

gma said...

Oh dear Robyn...I finally followed the bird into the fairy portal...
must learn to pay attention...it is so lovely here.

zuzu said...

=^..^=

I shall run out under the trees at the bottom of the garden, call to them this day ... and wait to see who comes to me!

Most times, I only hear the bells ...
--diamond heart-daisy & princess cinnamon