It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Child and the Faeries

The woods are full of faeries!
The trees are all alive;
The river overflows with them,
See how they dip and dive!
What funny little fellows!
What dainty little dears!
They dance and leap,
and prance and peep,
And utter fairy cheers!
I'd like to tame a fairy,
To keep it on a shelf,
And dress its little self.
I'd teach it pretty manners,
It always should say "please",
And then you know I'd make it sew,
And curtsey with its knees!

Author Unknown

4 comments:

Tori said...

Wow! What a neat little poem. I'm not sure if anyone could really tame a faerie.
<3

Wendy said...

Awwww - cute poem!

Genie Sea said...

Whenever I feel a little bit down or energy zapped, I come to this magical place and feel restored. Thank you for a place to rest my soul, Robyn :)

Lisa said...

So this is where you've been! I just found your magic door today. What a work of love you have here in this little secret corner ...