It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Monday, January 21, 2008

Gnomes..



Gnomes are earthly creatures, guardians of sacred places or things. They prefer to live in forests. Their weakness is sparkly things like precious stones, coins and things that glitter and they make beautiful items out of stones and gems. They are the knowers and are extremely clever. Make a magical offering to the Gnome and ask for "Earthly" favours. If you're lucky enough to spot one in your garden, he will be serious and likely to be offering practical insights


4 comments:

gma said...

How delightful!!!!
Oh oh oh and
the spell to see the fae
what fun!!!!

zuzu said...

=^..^=
Oh I know gnomes are enchanting creatures!

I love my Gnome, Gucki.
I never knew much about gnomes but fell in love with this little guy. I know Gucki is from Germany, what his name is because it is on the tag pinned to his chest. I know the year he was born & well ... all that I cared was that I thought he was adorable when I found him.

I took him to college with me because I liked having him around and he caused all sorts of mischief.

He spooked one of my roommates to the point she would put him in my drawer under my socks! Seriously! Gucki is all of about 7-inches tall, dressed in wool felt and cute as the dickens ... and she insisted he was moving around the house. That no matter where she placed him, he would wind up back in her room. And stare at her.

I never saw any of such happenings she claimed to be going on, but I listened and used to tease her that it all must be that he had a crush on her :o)

Of course there were other roommates ... Maybe it was a game. Then again, maybe not? ::wink::

=^..^= love, diamond heart-daisy
(and her faithful fae pony, princess cinnamon)

Anonymous said...

Love all this info you are giving us. Love Hugs and Blessings

Anonymous said...

I love gnomes, the garden looks so much better with their help ; )

Golden Sunflower Lace