It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

a spell to call the Highland Faery Cat - the Cait Sith

I take no responsibility for any herbs suggested here. Rue is highly allergic !!!! I also do not take any responsibility if you become the proud owner of a new cat!

Bind your forehead, inside you bonnet, a bouquet of the mystic herbs chicory, henbane, and rue and go by night to the summit of a small hill, or a grassy knoll. Place seven white stones in a circle around you, and bless each one. Stand in the centre and perform a song for the faeries. Say aloud before you begin: 'This is for the faeries.'
When you have finished, bow three times to the moon, and say aloud:

'Faeries, I have danced for you, Faeries, I have sung for you, Now, I pri' thee, send to me The Faery Cat, the spirit Cait Sith (pronounced "shee") My guide and safeguard for to be.'

Having chanted the charm three times, you must cast the henbane upon the hill where you have danced; and you must take home with you the seventh stone from which you formed your magickal circle, and the chicory and rue which comprised two parts of the nosegay bound about your brow.

When you are home, brew yoursefl a tisane (tea) from the herbs, and go at once to your bedchamber to drink it, carrying the seventh stone with you.

Bless the stone with the sign of the holy cross, anoint it with three drops of water from the tisane, and finish the rest before slipping into bed.

Once there, drop the stone beneath your bed at it's head, that it's place on the floor corresponds with your pillow. Say the charm again three times before sleeping, and as you begin to dream, the Cait Sith will come to you and make itself known to you.

Never take the stone away from beneath your bed, letting it remain directly below the point where your head lies; and if it should happen that a little stray cat presents itself to you, take it in, for it will harbour the spirit of the Cait Sith, and you may call upon the Cait Sith, and know that you have a friend and protecting spirit at all times. Thank the fairies for this, and the kindly goddess of the moon, who is mother to all mortals.

(author unknown to me)

and if you would like to read about Daisy's ghost cats...
well follow this link .*.*.*.-----> Daisy's ghost cats for an adventure that is not to be missed!

and for some fun... skip along this link .*.*.*.*.----> "a faery cat." colour it in and add some wings!!

9 comments:

Sorrow said...

You know i would love 7 white stones, but the shipping would kill you! LOl! I only have 1 kitty, so maybe another wouldn't be so bad..~GRIN~

Kim Campbell said...

It would be nice to have a kitty again......I don't know that Chloe would like it!

Patty said...

I like the little poem. Did you know there are real stones in the shape of a cross called fairy stones

Anonymous said...

I love this spell and I love cats, but I already have three cats and one of them is my familiar. She is a big, black cat of nearly 11 years old and she clings to me even more now she is getting older. She used to be very independent, she still is, but it is different, she doesn't go out that much anymore.
I have a ghostcat too, she died nearly two years ago at the age of 11 and she was such a sweetheart, we never got to say goodbye and she couldn't get home to pass on, though we know she tried. Every now and then I see her, she passes in the hallway, I just know she's there, letting us know she's ok !!!

Leanne said...

Hi Robyn! lovely post as always,

I am already owned by five cats but theres always room for another one!! Leanne x

Sheila said...

I love cats, but with Sylvia (my grand dog) being a regular house guest these days, it might not be a good idea. She is very sensitive to spirits. In Gill's old house there are doorways Sylvia will not go through, unless you carry her. She senses things we cannot see..!

Fire Byrd said...

I always used to have cats, but Kit , my son got allergic to them, so I got a dog, who very sadly died. I still see her in the hall, sometimes when I come in.
But if I had another cat I wouldn't see my son and....
pxx

Lola Enchanted said...

Hello beautiful!!! You have such a wonderfully enchanting blog here! Finally I have made it here! And, I'm so glad that I am here! Somewhere where I can get cozy with my cup of lavendar tea and fall into this magical place of yours! And, I love cats. Mine is 12 years old. He's amazing!!! And a magical gift from you would be spell binding!!!!!! Take care enchanted girl!!!~

Julie said...

I lost my beautiful Dusty at age 18 1/2, on Jan. 6, 2006. I know that she has gone to the other side. The day Dusty died was the memorial service for my daughter's friend Tonya, age 21. Tonya was a heart transplant recipient at at 16 and her new heart gave her 5 more wonderful years. I believe that Dusty went to keep company with Tonya, who was a real cat lover. I know the two of them are having a great time. Dusty had a beautiful life with us for so long, and then she went where she was needed most.

Julie