It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Thursday, January 24, 2008

the OAK

It is said, "Faerie Folks are in old oaks". It wasn't for naught that the druids set such store by oaks. They contain faerie magic! The fruit of the oak tree, acorns, can be made into faerie talismans if found and gathered by the light of the full moon.



4 comments:

zuzu said...

=^..^= oOOOooo lookie lookie!

Oh boy ... How excited am I
. . :: DaNcE::Of::JoY :: . .

Thank you!
Thank you!
Even the Faery pony Princess Cinnamon is wiggling her little bunny butt with delight at our winning a treasure!

Now, I should go check my inbox hum?
Faery swaps? We are swaping ... faeries?
One from my garden ... for one from yours ...
No. That can't be right ::giggle::

Okay, I'll go read the instructions ::sigh::
=^..^= love, diamond heart-daisy
and the faithful princess cinnamon

gma said...

Definately want to do this Oak talisman....sounds so familiar though I've never done such a thing.Next time I'm in the Oaks on a full moon!
:-)

Julie said...

Oaks are very hard to find in ND. They don't live in south central ND, where I live now, or in NW ND, where I grew up.

I wish I had known about faeries and oak trees when I lived in Grand Forks and could often visit Minnesota.

Opal Sunny Alesia

Julie said...

Oaks are very hard to find in ND. They don't live in south central ND, where I live now, or in NW ND, where I grew up.

I wish I had known about faeries and oak trees when I lived in Grand Forks and could often visit Minnesota.

Opal Sunny Alesia