It is here, in the tangles of branches and softness of moss where most secretive of the Faerie live. Many things may lie in the turn of the path. Perhaps a cottage awaits where a wise woman will teach you the secrets of her garden. Or perhaps you will find a maiden enclosed within a coffin of glass, waiting in stillness for the touch of lips upon her own. Or perhaps you will find a castle surrounded by briar. It is within the forest that many adventures of Faerie begin. The strange mists that filter through the stillness often form into vague shapes of beasts and monsters, confusing and frightening the mortal traveler. This place is a place of illusions, of voices and sounds and seeings that will try to take the traveler from off her path, lead her into the forest, and make her forever lost within. Perhaps she will remember to gather pebbles to drop behind her as she investigates the strange and beautiful music that floats through the air with the mist.
(author unknown to me)

Saturday, December 13, 2008

a candle for the fae ~ Full Moon

To be done on Full Moon, light a light blue or silver candle and say:

"A candle for the folk of Faerie,
An honour on this full moon night.
Come and play a dance merry,
and bring with thee the sight.
What I ask will thee show?
Without rhyme or spell?
When I peak into the flame
Will thee the future tell?"

Ask a question if you wish and then look at the candle flame and notice its shape, any shadows it casts on the walls or any images or feelings. This will be your answer from the fae.

By Bry FairRaven

7 comments:

Tori said...

Ooh, I love this! It's simple and perfect. =)
<3

Anonymous said...

robyn, the full moon here is absolutely enormous and it shines on my bed at night and I feel as if I sleep in a moon bath - feels good to this cancerian!!

ps keep forgetting this portal is open!

Ruth said...

I'll try this if I can get a glimpse of the moon - but it's really overcast here at the moment

Genie Sea said...

OH! Magical! I will do so it tonight! Thank you Robyn! :) You have been tagged :)

Anonymous said...

It's very cold here at the moment, so I hope this will keep, because of the full moon ; )
Have a great weekend !!

gma said...

The full Gemini Moon is beautiful.
Lit my candles tonight and enjoyed the Moon.

Wendy said...

Too cold here and overcast. I love it when the moon is full and huge. Makes for better candle magic!